New in bag Wilson Combat EDC X9 with Lightrail frame, small back strap, medium trigger, and chambered in 9mm. Wilson Combat has redefined the defensive handgun with the EDC X9, a modern hybrid of our EDC 9 1911 slide assembly mated with the all new high-capacity X-frame. This groundbreaking design combines the accuracy, ergonomics and trigger pull of the classic 1911 design with enhanced reliability, and concealable, high capacity performance.
Designed by Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat engineers, the X-frame is a 18-round, high capacity 9mm 1911 frame that is similar in size to a traditional compact, single stack 1911. The X-frame is machined at Wilson Combat from T6-7075 aluminum and accepts a high capacity magazine with a grip that is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 while retaining traditional 1911 controls. The EDC X9 15-round, double column magazine was developed jointly with Mec-Gar, industry leaders in double column magazine design.
The screwless X-frame design uses hammer spring tension to keep the aggressive traction Wilson/VZ G-10 starburst pattern grips securely in place. The result is a highly concealable, high capacity pistol frame that completely disassembles for cleaning with only a single punch without screws or frame bushings and a more natural, oval grip shape.
The EDC X9 slide assembly is from our single stack EDC 9 pistol with Wilson Combat’s ERS “Enhanced Reliability System” for 9mm 1911’s. The ERS is tailored to the varying power level of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other features include a Tri-Top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, single lug tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, rear Tactical Adjustable Battlesight and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor.
The ergonomic design of the X-frame grip in conjunction with an enlarged trigger guard window and your choice of radiused trigger pad length fits all hand sizes comfortably and improves recoil control. The EDC X9 front and back strap are machined with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern that provides a comfortable but tactile grip in all shooting conditions. The EDC X9 will fit the majority of holsters on the market designed for 4” or 4.25” 1911 pistols and is offered with or without an accessory rail.
Thoroughly tested by our team of designers, champion shooters and external industry experts, the Wilson Combat EDC X9 offers discriminating shooters 1911 match-grade accuracy, superior ergonomics and concealability combined with modern service pistol capacity and reliability.
• High-Capacity Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
• Integral Light-Rail
• Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Mainspring Housing Treatment
• Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
• Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
• 3 ½# - 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
• Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
• Black G10 Aggressive Starburst Grips with Pewter Medallions
• 4” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
• Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
• Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
• Elevation Adjustable Tactical Battlesight with Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4-40 Hex Head Cap Screw
• 4” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
• Fluted Chamber
• Fluted Barrel
• 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
• 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
• Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts